Information & booking
The EGU is committed to providing a good conference experience for attendees bringing their children to Vienna. In order to do this we have formed a partnership with Flying Nanny, a service of the Vienna University Children's Office.
The EGU provides professional childcare facilities in the congress centre free of charge, in a separate area on the Purple Level -2 (basement), close to the lecture rooms, but not in the commotion of the conference. Childcare needs to be booked and only a limited number of places are available. The service will be provided from Monday to Friday, 08:30–12:30 and 14:00–18:00 (i.e. 2 time blocks on each of the 5 days = 10 time blocks in total). Through the childcare registration form, you are able to book up to 5 out of the maximum 10 time blocks. This limitation to 5 time blocks is designed to allow as many parents as possible to make use of the childcare service. You can put yourself on a waiting list for further time blocks should vacancies occur. The childcare service also includes occasional visits to the nearby playground in Donaupark (see map below). Through your booking, you agree to the terms and conditions below, including these visits.
Terms & conditions
- You are aware that the childcare service will not provide food or drinks and that there is no possibility for a nap.
- You respect the above-mentioned opening hours of the childcare service and ensure that you deliver and collect your child timely.
- You agree that the nannies can visit the playground with your child.
- You only book time blocks which are really needed (due to high demand on the service).
- You confirm that the details provided on the childcare booking form are all true and correct.
- In case of illness, you will inform us immediately by email. Other parents might be on the waiting list for affected time blocks.
- Should the nannies decide that your child is contagious or too ill to attend the childcare, you will accept this decision and promptly collect your child.
- You will inform us by email if you will arrive later than your first time block booked. Without notification, your entire booking will be cancelled and your time blocks will be assigned to parents on the waiting list.
- Duty of supervision: Flying Nanny, a service of the Vienna University Children's Office, as the provider of the childcare assumes the statutory duty of supervision for the duration of the childcare. Otherwise, the liability of Flying Nanny is limited to intent and gross negligence.